Learn to Skate
2021 Learn To Skate
NOW SOLD OUT
Own The Ice Hockey is offering a Learn to Skate 8 Week Program for children age 3 years and above who want to learn the basic fundamentals of skating. We will be using our Synthetic Ice Rink in our Own It Performance Centre for all sessions. Synthetic ice is ideal for learning to skate/ beginner programs as it is much less expensive and can be a more controlled environment with a lower student to teacher ratio. Also much of the time is spent learning to stand up, balance and glide. The synthetic ice is excellent for this as there are no ruts/grooves in the surface and it provides constant friction allowing beginners to gain confidence on their edges.
Players who can't finish the program, or who are not ready to participate can get credit towards another program or use credit to join sessions at a later date
Instructor: Donna Winter
Schedule: Tuesdays - (8 Sessions) Fall 2021
All Session at Own The Ice Hockey's Synthetic ice rink
We will email start times to each participant prior to first session.
- 5.00-5:45 pm Group A (Ages 3+)
- 5:45-6.30 pm Group B (Ages 5+)
- 6:30-7:15 pm Group C (Ages 9+)
- Tuesday, September 21st, 2021 Cancelled/Added to the end
- Tuesday, September 28th, 2021
- Tuesday, October 5th, 2021
- Tuesday, October 12th, 2021
- Tuesday, October 19th, 2021
- Tuesday, October 26th, 2021
- Tuesday, November 2nd, 2021
- Tuesday, November 9th, 2021
- Tuesday November 16th, 2021
Cost: $175 plus hst
Contact 613 870 1747 for more program info.
Location: Cornwall Sports Centre, 412 Fifth Street East Unit 108 - Entrance In back of Building
*45 minute Learn to Skate Lesson
*6 Skater Maximum per session
Private skating Instruction also available.