All Girls Camp Summer 2020 Register Now
Girls Week Ages 6-8 and 9-12
Own The Ice Hockey - Skating evaluation and Corrective Skating
This program is geared toward a player who wants to improve their game by learning the basic concepts of hockey including skating, shooting and passing. Once fundamentals have been grasped advanced techniques will be slowly introduced.
Groups will be divided into 3 zones to ensure players are with others of the same caliber/age and so that they receive more small group attention from the instructors.
*18 Girls Maximum to increase repetitions*
Location: Benson Centre - Cornwall Ontario
Daily, Jul 6-10,2020 9-10:30 am Groups - 2 groups of 8 players
Complete Video Report Card -Skating /Puck Control
- Devon Brunet - Head On Ice Instructor , OTI
- Grant Cooper - Clarkson Golden Knights Player -OTI Head On Ice Instructor
- Jeff Carter (CIS, Former CCHL, Head Coach)
- Kristy Pigeon Player Clarkson Women Golden Knights NCAA Champions
- Each player will receive:
- 7.5 hours of professional On Ice Instruction
- 1 Own The Ice Hockey Jersey
- 1 Detailed Player Skating Evaluation Report Card
- 2 Class room -Video session -personalized Skating and Puck Control.
- 4-1 Ratio Instructor to Player -Personal ATTENTION to detail .
- Power Skating Element
- Forward Skating: Stride Mechanics, Edge Control, Quick Starts, Stopping, Balance Points, Stride Recovery and acceleration.
- Backward Skating: C cuts, Backwards Crossovers, Deep posture, Pivoting.
Individual Skills Element
- Shooting/Passing: Weight Transfer, Follow Through, Quick Release, Body Positioning,shooting in Motion
- Puck Handling: Soft Hands, Hand Positioning on Stick, Utilizing Stick blade, Deking.
Game Scenario Element
- Situational Play: Positional Concepts, 3 on 3, Scrimmages
Cost: $225 plus HST
Please feel free to call Jeff Carter 613-360-0711 or firstname.lastname@example.org
* Skating and Skills will be broken down during the week through video. A personal skating and skills evaluation will be given to each participant at weeks end outlining strengths and weaknesses