Defence Specialty Camp
aug 6-9 CANCELED!!!
Still registrations available but will be pushed to AUGUST 13-16th
Our Summer Defense camp is an intense 4 day program covering a wide range of defensive skills from gap control, creating passing lanes to net front battles and elimating sticks. The program will utilize both full ice drills and a station format to maximize ice time and further teaching by increasing player/instructor interaction. Through professional caliber drills and teaching of advanced concepts this camp is ideal for the elite level defenceman looking to bring their game to the next level.
Each Defenceman will recieve:
- 8 Hours of On Ice Professional Instruction
- 1 Own The Ice Hockey Jersey
- 3 Hours of Video Analysis/Breakdown & Game Scenario Tactics
- Defenceman Evaluation of areas of strength and where improvement is needed. Video sessions will be used during the week to visually identify areas where improvement is needed.
Low Player to Instructor Ratio (~6 to 1)
*Maximum 10 Defencemen
Key Concepts: Our On Ice Instruction will be broken into 3 categories:
- Defensive Zone Coverage: Having an Active Stick, Taking Hands Away, Puck Separation, Getting into Shooting Lanes,1 on 1 Battles Down Low, Netfront Battles
- Defending through the Neutral Zone/Rush: Pivoting, Reading off Your Partner, Defending 2 on 1's, Defending 1 on 1's, Gap Control, Angling
- Offensive Defence Techniques:Using the net, One Timers, Hinging, Joining the Rush, Walking the Blueline, Shooting for Sticks
- Josh Hauge - Clarkson University D1 Coach
- Derek Grant - Former Professional Hockey Player
- Mark Phalon - Coach Hobart University
- Guest NCAA Division 1 Coach
- 9:00am to 11am Daily On Ice Instruction
- 11:15 to Noon Video Analysis/Breakdown & Game Scenario Tactics
Each player will receive a report card/evaluation in their own personal book
Cost: $320 US
Sibling Discount: Enroll 2 children from the same family in the Defense Camp and save $35 on one child's fee.
Register: To register call Jeff Carter at 613-360-0711 or email firstname.lastname@example.org