Weekend # 1 April ,26,27,28 2019
2004 (Contact) (Division
2006 D2 (Contact) Division
2006 D3 (Contact) Division
2008 D3 Division
2008 D2 Division
2010 D2 Division
2010 D3 Division
Weekend # 2 May 3,4,5 2019
Girls U 10
Girls U 12
Girls U 14
Payment info www.owntheicehockey.com
Deposit $ 300.00 balance due April ,1 ,2018
5 game guarantee
No gate fees
Email Transfer –firstname.lastname@example.org
For Team meal specials please contact :
Scores Chicken & Ribs Cornwall(613 935 7777)
Oneills Pub - Long Sault (613 534 3959)
Schedule to come
Border Town Challenge 2019
Official Tournament Rules
All Hockey Canada playing rules will apply except:
- Teams must be ready to start 20 minutes before scheduled game time.
- Teams will be granted a 2-minute on-ice warm up.
- Ice will be cleaned after the conclusion of each game.
- A 5 member Coaching Staff (one of which must include a trainer) will be allowed on the bench at any time during the game.
- Players must play in at least 1 game to be eligible to play in a championship game.
- Maximum of 20 players per team to be registered on the first game sheet, 2 of which shall be goalies.
- If a team chooses to dress only 1 goaltender and he/she get injured or ejected from the game, a second goaltender must be dressed and ready to play within 10 minutes of the injury, or play with six players.
- All players, to be eligible to play, must be able to submitted proof of age 24 hours after a game. Any team using illegal players will lose their points and all points will be awarded to the opponents.
- Full protective equipment must be properly worn at all times on ice surface including certified neck guards
- Mercy Rule: Running time will commence after a 5-goal difference in the 3rd periods or 8-goal difference during any other point in the game. Stop time resumes if difference is less than 3 goals at any point in the game. The maximum goal difference for plus/minus will be 7.
- Time out: one-30 second time out per team will be granted in the semi -final and championship game. NO TIME OUTS IN ROUND ROBIN
- Overtime in the Quarter final, Semi Final and Final: A: 5 minute 3 on 3 periods B: Shootout. No player may take a second shot until all skaters have had a shot. i: best of five ii: sudden death
- Points will be awarded on basis of 2-1-0 (Win-Tie-Loss).
- The Tournament Convener decisions shall be final in interpreting the Rules and Regulations.
- Any suspension will be determined by Tournament Convener
- A player receiving a 2 min checking from behind penalty will not be ejected from the game. A 5 min. major will be an automatic ejection from the game.
- The center red line will be removed for off side passes.
- Body contact is allowed at the 2006 ,2005,2004 level and up.
- The stick measurement rule is not applicable in this tournament.
- All forfeited games will count, and non-played games will be scored as 7-0.
- Round Robin tiebreaker (in order of priority) A: The winner of the game between the 2 tie team; B Most Wins C: Greater of the positive difference between goals for and goals against; C: fewest goal against; D: : Team with fewest penalties. E: Coin toss.
- It is the team responsibility to fill out their game sheet a minimum of 10 minutes before the schedule game time.
Payment: Once payment of tournament fee has been received Own The Ice Hockey will not reimburse for a team dropping out or for any other reason.
Punctuality: Team are responsible to confirm their next game with the tournament convener after each game.
Protests: No Protest will be accepted against a referee’s decision. Protests will be written on the back of the game sheet and submitted with a non-refundable fee of $100.
Own The Ice Hockey has partnered with RoomRoster for all aspects of tournament management for the BorderTown Challenge . The RoomRoster Event Support System is a convenient online web and mobile application built to handle registration, hotel accommodations for travel teams along with scoring and scheduling.
Upon registration, a Team Profile is created for each team in the RoomRoster Event Support System. Team Managers seeking hotel accommodations can request any hotel of their choice to book through the Team Profile. Once the hotel is contracted and ready for booking, a link will be sent to the Team Manager to forward to all team members in order for them to reserve their room from the block created by the Team Manager.
For teams looking for help blocking rooms.
For general inquiries and reservation support please contact
1-888-723-2064 or by email via email@example.com
- Bordertown #1 Registration April 26,27,28https://app.roomroster.com/events/5849/registration-type/create?nav=hidden
- Bordertown #2 Registration May,2,3,4https://app.roomroster.com/events/5890/registration-type/create?nav=hidden
Address: 800 Seventh St W, Cornwall, ON K6J 0A3
CORNWALL CIVIC COMPLEX
Address: 100 Water St E, Cornwall, ON K6H 6G4
LONG SAULT ARENA
Address: 60 Mille Roches Rd, Long Sault, ON K0C 1P0
NORTH STORMONT ARENA (Finch Arena)
Address: 4 John St, Finch, ON K0C 1K0